Pet Emergency Vet
Veterinary Emergency Services
Boca Veterinary Clinic is open 7 days a week for walk-ins and pet emergency vet care.
Come straight in or give us a call if your pet is having a veterinary emergency during regular office hours. We are fully equipped and staffed to handle your pet’s Emergency needs. Our Phone number is 561-392-6540. We are located on the south west corner of Powerline and Palmeto Roads in Boca Raton.
Monday – Friday: 7:30am – 8pm.
Saturday: 8am – 6pm.
Sunday: 8am – 5pm.
Animal emergencies that should receive immediate veterinary consultation and / or care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes.
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging.
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine.
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool. Not able to go to the bathroom.
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s).
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering.
- Fractured or broken bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s).
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety.
- Heat stress or heatstroke.
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea: Such as, more than 2 episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here.
- Refusal to drink for 18 hours or more.
- Unconsciousness, severe disorientation or confusion.
- Unusual bruising.
- Trouble breathing
Pet Emergency Services Offered:
Our doctors are trained and experienced in emergency surgical procedures. Such as foreign body removal, internal bleeding, and wound repair.
Oxygen therapy is open needed in cases of heart failure and trama when your pet might have trouble breathing.
High quality digital radiology provides the doctor with a rapid diagnostic tool in emergency situations. Digital x-rays also allow for prompt evaluation of an image by a board certified radiologist.
Digital Ultrasound and Echocardiography allows for structural evaluation of internal organs, along with the capability to obtain diagnosis in many diseases and is often used to help diagnose pet emergencies.
Our emergency in-house blood analysis provides us with answers in as little as two minutes, allowing us to handle the needs of your pet more efficiently.
Our doctors and staff are trained in stabilizing your pet and dealing with emergency situations.
Our in-house pharmacy is fully stocked with emergency medical supplies and medications.
Orthopedic care & casting
From sprains to breaks our doctors are available to treat your pets emergency orthopedic needs.